You may have a bad day if you have done the Windows 10 Creator Update and after completing update your internet is down. Many people have been facing internet connection problem after updating to Windows 10 latest build. If you are among one of those you can read this post to solve your internet problems.
Why Windows 10 creator update triggers internet Problems
With the latest updates, Microsoft has modified files related to access to the internet. Because of these change, several users are experiencing internet problems in Windows 10. A yellow triangle signal appears on the network icon.
The default troubleshooter can’t solve this problem. If you run the network troubleshooting application, in the end of the analysis it will say that
“Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration
Wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration
Fortunately there is a way to restore the normal connection to the Internet.
Invalid IP configuration solution
To solve network problems in Windows 10, do the followings:
- Type cmd in Cortana search box (or alternatively Command Prompt ), right-click and choose Run as administrator .
- At the request for User Account Control click Yes .
- Type the following in the command prompt, press the Enter key and wait for the command to execute: netsh winsock reset
- Now type the following command, press the Enter key and wait for the command to execute: netsh int ip reset
- Next type the following command, press the Enter key and wait for the command: ipconfig / flushdns
- Type the following command, press the Enter key and wait for the command: ipconfig / release
- Type the following command, press the Enter key and wait for the command to execute: ipconfig / renew
Please note that during the process you may see errors, just ignore them.
Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer (you must restart the computer and not the shutdown). At the end of the reboot, the network problems will be solved and the connection to the Internet will expect to work properly. Did you encounter problems with the Internet connection? Have you managed to solve them by this guide? Please let us know in the comments.